Monday, November 2, 2015

Words I always spell wrong

Words I consistently spell wrong:
reccomend
tommorroww
definenetly

Words I only spell correctly because a pop song has taught me to spell it:
glamorous
bananas

Word I only spell correctly because of a grade school cheerleading routine:
success

Word I can spell because I have to type it at work all the time:
endocannabinoid

I'm generally not a bad speller, but how can a book blogger not spell reccommend right? Isn't that our bread and butter?

What words can you never spell right?


via GIPHY

4 comments:

  1. Definetly...no... definately, crap that's not right, definataly, well hell ….almost certainly.
    Anyonomously, nope.... ananymously, not that either.....anyomously, forget it…. I don’t won’t people to know who did something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, break out the thesauruses to get around these things...

      Delete
  2. Embarrassing, tomorrow, succumb... I definitely wouldn't be able to spell those if it weren't for spellchecker! Haha! I still have to double check the word 'separate' (I always want to put an e in the middle!) I don't have trouble with 'recommend' though.. I think because it's like 'commend again', so 're-commend' (even though the meaning isn't really the same..). It makes weird sense in my head anyway! :P

    I always find it irritating how people's ability to spell is often seen as a mark of their intelligence, especially online. I know loads and loads of super clever people who have trouble spelling! We should just all be a little more forgiving when it comes to spelling and grammar :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like the commend again trick. Maybe it will stick in my head too!

      I absolutely agree, I like to think that my spelling is bad because I've got so many great ideas clouding my brain that I can't be bothered with spelling :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!