Friday, May 22, 2015

My 5 favorite books I've read this year (so far!)

In no particular order...

Dead Wake
I've already gushed about this book in a blogpost. And I feel like everyone who has read it has only good things to say about it.I thought it was compelling and I'm already tap tap tapping my watch waiting for Larson to put out his next book.
22551730



When Books Went to War: The Stories that Helped us Win WWII
I adored this book, it made me weepy from almost the get go and I stayed that way throughout. The author is a lady, so I wrote up a review and put it back for All Lady July. I am all kinds of excited to share it with you.
22715829



Last Night in Montreal
I reviewed this one too! After Station Eleven I need some more ESJM in my life and I was so happy to have found this, her first book. If you are intrigued by the hype around S11 but don't dig the dystopian thing; this is where you need to be.

13112465



Berlin: A Portrait of a City Through the Centuries
I nearly walked past this one at the library, but then I just couldn't do it; and it came home with me. I'm so glad that I picked it up! I'm reviewing this one later, but obviously since it made this list you know I loved it!

19286582



Called: My Journey to C.S. Lewis's House and Back Again
I just finished reading this one a day or two ago! A man (with a very interesting/sad childhood and backstory) greatest dream is to study theology at Oxford. He makes it happen, but not without lots of sacrifices and doubt. He struggles with what he feels called to do. And I even learned a few things about CS Lewis I didn't know! Also the cover is beautiful and the author is really nice.


23505897

4 comments:

  1. What lovely bunch of books! Called intrigues me most. CS Lewis is such an interesting writer, and I'm sure his life reflects this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did have an interesting life! I especially liked the information about what it's like to be a student at Oxford. Unsurprisingly, a very stressful but special place to go to school!

      Delete
  2. This seems like one of those years that things aren't sticking out to me. But then if I think harder, things do. Very confusing indeed. I'm glad you have some good-lookin' winners!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The year is young! I'll bet you find some winners :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!