Friday, January 16, 2015

GN review: "The Undertaking of Lily Chen" by Danica Novgorodoff

In my continued effort to read more graphic novels I bring you today's review. It's going to be a short one because it's not a 1000 pager by any means.

Wei is the second son in a Chinese family. Tragedy strikes his older brother and he is burdened with a strange task, finding him a corpse bride.

He only as a short time frame to get find one, so he immediately sets out towards the countryside. He has to tread carefully because there are people looking for him from his job, and because the corpse bride concept is an old one and is shunned in many places.

On his journey he finds Lily. Lily is beautiful but she's also impulsive, loud, not very careful and sometimes gets him in trouble.Sometimes meaning always. And though he's falling in love with her he knows he has to kill her.

I thought this was a fun read. Fast, interesting, and a bit of a love story! 3.5 out of 5 stars!



Also, do I love this cover? Yes, yes I do.





17934370

2 comments:

  1. The artwork outweighed the plot in this one. It sounded promising, but I think I only rated it a 3 or so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. agreed, where the story lacked the great are made up for it

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!