Monday, November 18, 2013

"The Good News is Dessert is Free, the Bad News is We Sing Off Key!"

(The movie "Waiting" is pretty underrated.Ryan Reynolds is his regular gorgeous and hilarious self and it makes you be very nice to all of your waiters in the future).

My birthday was on Sunday. I turned the ripe old age of 28.

I like 28.Its a nice round number, divisible by 2. I make no bones about my age because I think it's petty and weird when women have their 2 anniversary of their 20th birthday. There's nothing wrong with being 40.A lot of people don't get the privilege to get to 40 so calm your self. (That's a pet peeve of mine, in case you hadn't guessed.)

Friday I gave myself the day off of work, quite a nice treat.

After a couple minutes on the treadmill, a shower and a bank run I cuddled up on the couch and caught up on some Supernatural (Team Dean).When my sister joined me in the afternoon we did some major shopping at the Boston Store Clearance Center (you have to be prepared for the chaos when you go but it's worth it), got a sparkly purple pedicure (was told it looked like a Lisa Frank binder - it totally does) and a few other stops before dinner and drinks with family and friends. Such a nice way to spend a Friday.

Also this was a gift. It's a silicone manatee, you fill his tail with loose tea and you put him in your cup of water! A Manatea! I love it.Cracks me up.

Laid back...with my mind on my Manatea and my Manatea on my mind. Also pictured my Le Cruset kettle that I adore.

On Saturday I got quite a surprise. The blog post from Saturday was an author highlight of Father James Martin. Just for fun I tweeted him a link to the blog. Imagine my surprise when he not only tweets me back ("thanks!") but also retweets my tweet to him. Did I mention that Father Martin has over 34,000 followers?! The blog got a lot of traffic that day, and while it might not add up to a lot of long term traffic it was quite the thrill and I'm very thankful to the Padre for exposing my little blog to a much larger audience.(If you're here because of Father Martin, welcome! And thanks for totally making my day!)

Sunday (actual birthday) brought an all day tornado warning. And as a wuss who is still scared of thunderstorms that was a most unwelcome birthday gift.There was some hiding in the basement of the apartment building. Lots of flooded roads and soggy feet but not much worse for wear in our neighborhood. Cap of the night with a superhero movie (Avengers,assemble!) and a delicious home made dinner.

So back to the grind today! And we're back to book content on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!